Support Engineer – Scientific Instrumentation – MA
VRS is looking for an experienced Support Engineer based out of Boston or surrounding areas to support a growing laboratory equipment company. The successful candidate will join the service team responsible for providing installation, maintenance, repair, and technical advice for lab equipment at various customer sites.
- Installation, preventative maintenance, and repair of laboratory equipment related to pharmaceutical development.
- Communicate effectively with customers and provide professional service within required response times.
- Document and report all repairs & product service issues in a clear and timely fashion.
- Maintain knowledge in the use and application of current and new product offerings.
- Travel within MA.
- Instrument troubleshooting and maintenance experience.
- Practical, logical, and calm approach to troubleshooting.
- Ability to learn new technology quickly.
- Self-motivated working style with the ability to meet required target times.
- Excellent communication skills; patience with customers.
- Flexibility to travel outside of designated territory as needed.
- This is a permanent full-time position with a salary around $100K
- Car allowance, phone allowance, laptop, etc.
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance + 401k with company match