Senior Field Service Engineer (UPLC/MS)
San Francisco Bay area, CA
Are you an experienced service engineer in the field of liquid chromatography (HPLC / UPLC) and/or mass spectrometry (MS)? Are you an advanced instrument user looking to find a dynamic job outside of the confines of a cubicle and the same lab year after year?
VRS is currently recruiting a Senior level Field Service Engineer to cover the San Francisco Bay area for our client, a premier independent service organization which maintains state of the art instrumentation in the Clinical, Biotech, Pharma, and CRO industries. The candidate will provide both one-off repairs and be responsible for managing long-term service contracts, all the while ensuring the highest level of customer service.
- Maintain (preventative and repair) multi-vendor LC/MS instrumentation
- Provide support in GLP instrument compliance to existing customers
- Issue field service reports
- Maintain knowledge of current technology and customer applications
- Occasional travel outside of the assigned geography
- Minimum of BS (Engineering, Chemistry, or Life Sciences preferred) +3 yrs experience
- Knowledge of HPLC and/or Mass Spec for one or more major OEM Brands (Waters mass spec experience highly sought!)
- Excellent troubleshooting skills; must attack system level problems thoroughly and logically
- Must be able to remain cool under pressure and work independently
- $100K MINIMUM base for qualified candidates + commission on new business!
- Vehicle reimbursement or company car available
- 401k with match
- Health / Life Insurance