Scientist – Proteomics
San Mateo County, CA
Exciting opportunity for a scientist with expertise in mass spec-based proteomics to join an innovative research and development company focused on anti-aging technologies.
- Lead the development of sample preparation and LC/MS methods for proteomics, including proteome profiling and post translational modification (PTM) analysis
- Run, troubleshoot, and set up laboratory instrumentation
- Analyze proteomic datasets using R, Matlab, and Python
- Publish results and present technical presentations for scientific conferences and internal meetings
- Minimum of a PhD in analytical chemistry / biochemistry or a related field
- ~3+ years of LC/MS method development for proteomics applications (publication history is a plus)
- Experience in PTM analysis and/or glycoproteomics is ideal but not required
- Computational biology and programming background with R, Matlab, and/or Python is a plus
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Competitive base salary + bonus
- Retirement benefits and PTO
- Relocation assistance
Click the Apply link on this posting to submit your application to VRS Recruitment. Please include an updated resume and cover letter.
Keywords: Analytical chemistry jobs, mass spectrometry jobs, analytical chemistry recruitment, mass spectrometry recruitment, chromatography jobs, chromatography recruitment, Analytical Chemistry recruiter, Mass Spectrometry recruiter, Mass Spec recruiter, Chromatography recruiter, LC/MS jobs, LC/MS recruitment, LC/MS recruiter, Analytical Chemist, Mass spectrometrist, LC/MS chemist, mass spec jobs, mass spec recruitment, mass spec recruiter, proteomics jobs, clinical recruiter, clinical tox recruiter, clinical jobs, analytical instrumentation jobs, analytical instrumentation recruiter, analytical instrumentation recruitment, CRO jobs, drug discovery, antibody therapeutics, HDX, hydrogen/deuterium exchange, HRF, XL-MS, site specific labelling, glycoprotein analysis, in-silico, protein expression, protein purification, mutagenesis, SEC-MALS, ELISA, protein-protein interaction, proteomics scientist, LC/MS protein jobs, glycolysis, glycoproteomics, PTMs, PTM analysis, proteome profiling, Orbitrap, Thermo, Thermo TSQ, chemoproteomics, immunoprecipitation, cross-linking, LC/MSMS, HPLC, Thermo Eclipse, Thermo Lumos, antibody sequencing, protein binding arrays, antigen binding arrays, post translational modification, PTM profiling, method development, anti-aging, human aging, aging, aging technology.