LC/MS Manager – Biomarkers
Exciting opportunity to join an internationally renowned Healthcare Diagnostics company in beautiful Maine! The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a team developing new Biomarker workflows using HRMS in support of diagnostic and therapeutic R&D.
- Lead analytical projects supporting internal teams developing cutting edge diagnostic tools and therapeutics
- Manage a team pf PhD scientists in their discovery work
- Develop and optimize high-res LC/MS methods for protein, lipid, and metabolite identification / quantification
- Maintain and troubleshoot Thermo LC-MS instrumentation
- Process data, compile results, and present project findings
- PhD or MS in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology (or similar) with a background in mass spectrometry
- Experience in the use of LC-MS instrumentation; preferably Thermo Orbitraps
- Familiarity with peptide/protein assay development and informatics is a PLUS!
- MUST be self-sufficient and able to manage your own work, including instrument troubleshooting and maintenance
- $100-150K annual salary – relocation assistance available
- Excellent benefits; Medical/dental/vision insurance/401k with match
- Generous starting PTO (over 20 days + public holidays)