LC/MS Lab Manager – Regulated Bioanalysis
VRS is currently seeking a Manager or Group Leader responsible for a fleet of high-end LC/MS instruments and a team of Scientists. This team focuses on developing high through-put assays for the quantitative analysis of protein biomarkers within biological matrices using capillary (nano) LC-MS/MS technology.
- Managing / Mentoring of Research Associates and Scientists
- “Care-taker” for a number of Thermo LC/MS systems; including troubleshooting, management of in-house repairs, vendor servicing, system upgrades, and staff training
- Record keeping / reporting in compliance with regulations; establish SOPs and implement new QC measures as needed
- Evaluate innovative technology for future R&D / testing projects
- Minimum B.Sc. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, etc. with expertise in mass spectrometry, and management experience
- Experience in the use and troubleshooting of LC-MS instrumentation; preferably Thermo
- Familiarity with peptide/protein assays development and optimization a PLUS!
- MUST be able to work efficiently in a dynamic, fast paced environment where change is frequent and employees share many responsibilities
- Base salary $90-110K
- Annual incentive bonus (8%)
- Health/dental/vision Insurance + 401K w/match + Paid vacation
- Relocation assistance available