Laboratory Director – Cosmetics Testing
Greater Los Angeles, CA
Are you a skilled analytical chemist with experience in regulated environments? Do you have a background in management and leadership? VRS is looking for a Laboratory Director to run supplement testing site operations for a leading North American laboratory testing company.
- Monitor laboratory testing operations for quality assurance and compliance with client needs
- Facilitate communication between internal and external stakeholders
- Oversee laboratory operations and policies to meet company objectives and plan and manage the laboratory budget
- Select, develop, and evaluate lab staff and manage a site of ~100 employees with ~10 direct reports
- Contribute to project proposals, strategic business initiatives, and business development efforts
- Minimum of a BS degree in Chemistry or a related field (MS or PhD highly advantageous)
- 4+ years of management experience for a staff of at least 50 people
- Hands-on experience with HPLC, ICP-MS, LC/MS, GC/MS, and/or FTIR for product testing and QA (ideally for cosmetics, food, or environmental samples)
- Knowledge of regulations including cGMP, ISO, FD, SSOP, TIC, etc.
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Full health benefits package
- Retirement benefits