Lab Director (Microbiology) – Food Testing
VRS is working with a growing food safety lab in Greater Chicago, IL looking for a director for its microbiology operations. This position is responsible for the direct management of scientists and supervisors. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in managing/mentoring laboratory staff in a production facility, with some amount of bench level experience in their career.
- Direct line management of all microbiology laboratory staff in food laboratory operations
- Provide leadership, direction and planning oversight for the lab, including employee training, review, and hiring
- Financial planning: manage expense budgets; meet or exceed corporate revenue goals
- Ensure compliance with regulations / accreditation governing all lab operations
- Ability to act as a technical lead
- Direct management / supervisory experience
- 5+ years working experience in food safety or commercial food testing lab
- Knowledge of microbiology testing regulations / guidelines and associated QA/QC
- $130-140K annual salary and above for qualified candidates!
- Annual BONUS
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, 401K, and tuition reimbursement!
- Relocation assistance provided