GCMS Applications Chemist
VRS is looking for a strong Analytical Chemist to become part of an Applications team for a major instrument vendor. The successful candidate’s background will combine in depth gas chromatography experience, strong fundamentals in analytical chemistry, and presentation / training skills.
- Execute instrument demonstrations of GCMS related products to new/existing customers for a variety of applications.
- Support pre & post instrument sales as a technical expert.
- Prepare & analyze customer samples; provide report of results.
- Develop new application notes and technical papers.
- Present posters and deliver presentations both externally to customers and internally for sales and marketing.
- Up to 50% travel, mainly in Eastern Canada / GTA area.
- Minimum BS Degree in Chemistry, Biotech, Biochemistry, or Biology
- GC / GCMS experience (ideally 5+ years) with a thorough understanding of sample prep
- Practical approach to troubleshooting and method development using GC, with experience using various detectors
- Strong organizational and presentation skills.
- Permanent, full-time position with a COMPETITIVE base salary + bonus!
- Full benefits
- Opportunity to work for an internationally recognized manufacturer of scientific instrumentation