Field Service Engineer – LC/MS & GC/MS
Are you a Scientist or Engineer with experience servicing and repairing Liquid/Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrometry instrumentation? Are you looking for a dynamic opportunity?
VRS is currently recruiting a Service Engineer in the Greater Boston area. The primary focus of this position will be the repair, maintenance, relocation, and installation of a variety of GC, LC, and Mass Spec Instruments at customer sites in the Greater Boston area.
- Repair, maintain, and install LC/MS and GC/MS instrumentation
- Provide excellent customer support by providing customers with training and technical support for installed instruments/software
- Document and report all repairs, product failures, design change recommendations, and other field service paperwork in a timely fashion
- Manage repair parts inventory
- Train and support staff and less experienced personnel
- Maintain knowledge of current technology and applications
- 2+ years working with and repairing HPLC, GC & MS instrumentation
- Thorough and logical troubleshooting style
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to keep cool under pressure
- Driven to provide exceptional service
- Highly competitive salary
- Health Insurance
- Mileage reimbursement