Field Service Engineer – Chromatography
Are you a Scientist or Engineer with experience servicing and repairing HPLC / UPLC / UHPLC instrumentation? Are you looking for a dynamic opportunity?
VRS is currently recruiting a Service Engineer in the Greater Boston area. The primary focus of this position will be the repair, maintenance, and installation of a variety of Liquid Chromatography instruments at customer sites in the Greater Boston area.
- Repair, maintain, and install HPLC / UPLC / UHPLC instrumentation – predominantly Dionex / Thermo, Waters, and Agilent
- Provide excellent customer support by providing customers with training and technical support for installed instruments/software
- Document and report all repairs, product failures, design change recommendations, and other field service paperwork in a timely fashion
- Manage repair parts inventory
- Train and support staff and less experienced personnel
- Maintain knowledge of current technology and applications
- 2+ years working with and repairing LC instrumentation (GC and Mass Spec experience would be an added bonus!)
- Thorough and logical troubleshooting style
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to keep cool under pressure
- Driven to provide exceptional service
- $60-80K base for qualified candidates + commission on new business!
- Vehicle reimbursement or company car available
- 401k with match
- Health / Life Insurance