Field Applications Scientist – Metabolomics
VRS is looking for an adventurous & customer-facing scientist to become part of a highly respected international Mass Spectrometry company. The successful candidate will provide LC/MS application support to metabolomics customers on the East Coast.
- Provide method development and training services for High-resolution Mass Spectrometry (HRMS) products to existing customers for small molecule / metabolomics analyses
- Support post-sales efforts as a technical expert for HRMS applications
- >70% travel to customer sites focused around the Northeastern US
- Feed-back customer successes and challenges to management / R&D to constantly improve hardware, software, and customer experience
- PhD/MS Degree in Chemistry, Biotech, Biochemistry, or a related field
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of high res LC/MS applications to metabolomics / small molecule projects
- Practical approach to troubleshooting and method development
- Ability and desire to work closely with customers remotely and face to face; must be an excellent communicator, good listener, and patient teacher
- $80-110K annual base salary for qualified candidates + 10-20K+ bonus
- Health/dental/vision + 401k with match
- Ability to work with some of the most advanced Mass Spec technologies!!!