Applications Scientist – Proteomics
VRS is looking for an adventurous & customer-facing Scientist to become part of a highly respected international Mass Spectrometry company. The successful candidate will provide LCMS application support to Proteomics customers throughout the Western US.
- Provide method development and training services of High-resolution Mass Spectrometry (HRMS) products to existing customers for protein / peptide analysis
- Support post-sales efforts as a technical expert for HRMS applications
- >80% Travel to a variety of customer sites throughout the Western US
- Feed-back successes and challenges to management / R&D to constantly improve hardware, software, and customer experience
- PhD/MS Degree in Chemistry, Biotech, Biochemistry, or related
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of Proteomics or other High Res LC/MS applications
- Practical approach to troubleshooting and method development
- Ability and desire to work closely with customers remotely and face to face; must be an excellent communicator, good listener, and patient teacher
- $80-120K annual base salary (or MORE!) for qualified candidates + 20k+ bonus
- Health/dental/vision +401k with match
- Ability to work with some of the most advanced Mass Spec technologies!!!