Applications Scientist – LCMS (Clinical/Forensic)
Massachusetts / Illinois
VRS is looking for an adventurous & customer-facing Scientist to become part of a large, international manufacturer of analytical instrumentation. The successful candidate will combine mass spec and chromatography knowledge with the desire to work hand in hand with customers in Northeast / Midwest US.
- Execute instrument demonstrations of Mass Spectrometry related products to new/existing customers for Clinical and Forensic applications
- Support pre & post sales efforts as a technical expert for LC-MS and LC-MS/MS instrumentation
- Deliver presentations both externally to customers and internally for sales and marketing
- Feed-back successes and challenges to management / R&D to constantly improve hardware, software, customer experience
- Travel mainly in Northeast / Midwest US; includes overnight
- PhD preferred or experienced BS/MS Degree in Chemistry, Biotech, Biochemistry, or Biology
- Hands on experience and knowledge of Clinical and/or Forensic separation and analysis is desired
- Practical approach to trouble shooting and method development
- Ability and desire to work closely with customers remotely and face to face; must be an excellent communicator, good listener, and patient teacher
- Self-motivated working style; dynamic and open-minded
- Base salary in excess of $100K + bonus
- Excellent benefits including health/dental/vision insurance, 401k with match etc.
- Outstanding career advancement opportunities